Monday, July 02, 2007

Warning: vacations can be hazardous to your health!

It's true! I went for my twice a month chiro appt this morning and I didn't need HIM to tell me I was tight. So I'm going back on Friday.

It was great last night at the OD to talk to all my friends who heartily agreed that "family vacation" is a bit of an oxymoron. I am grateful for my married men friends who talk to me--my life is so female oriented and it's just nice to talk to a guy. (We talked about family vacations--don't go getting ideas!!)

Lily and I went out for subs after church. She's moving, probably to Dormont. Which means her calling me on Sundays at 5:30 and saying "come get me for church?" are going to be a thing of the past--wah! I am so grateful for her friendship, though. She's older and wiser but able to ask for advice and I find I'm able to give some good advice!

While I was gone, some birds really pooped on my car (sorry about the TMI). So sometime this afternoon, when it gets HOT (it's still in the 60s here) I'll be at the car wash.

Kelly just called. "Give yourself grace" is her best advice on everything. Deep breaths.

So, don't get me wrong--I had a lot of fun on my vacation and I will tell you about it, but right now I need to decompress and do some "re-entry." Of course my stupid hormones aren't helping--I had Day Two on Day Four which coincided nicely with two delayed planes and a layover of less than 20 minutes. Instead of arriving in Pittsburgh International Airport around 11:30, we arrived around 12:30, and finally got into bed by 1:30 (there was a mix-up with the first hotel room.) Which then caused me to miss my bedtime meds so I woke up ringing. (My body was not happy. I don't know how else to explain it.)

This is my mantra, I need to memorize it: "Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Hebrews 11:6)

(Of course my online devo right now is starting into Job, where the whole point is that we are here for God's glory, not the other way around, and God may allow us to go through crap and a half and more to prove to us and him (and to Satan) that we love him for him, not for the rewards.)

Oy vey. Time to take a shower. Then off to the therapist.

I just want to do some laundry!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

alyssa said...

I totally understand your feelings on family vacations. We just got back from ours on Saturday night, and while it was very, very nice I was very, very glad to be home.

Sarah Louise said...

There is no place like home!!