Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sarah Louise goes to lunch with the family... (scroll down for the sugar bowl)

This weekend, the camera was my toy. It was the thing that kept me sane in those moments when I didn't know what else to do.

When I lived in Falls Church, I worked at Fox Books, Monday, and Wednesday through Saturday. I worked 10-6:30 all of those days except Saturday, when I worked at 2:30. Which meant that in the summer, we all went to lunch at the Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe. Saturday, we did it again.

The souvenier napkin...

The boy's side of the car--Dad is driving and Terzo is sitting behind him.
The front of the car. Mom is wearing her hat. (Well, Dad's wearing his too.)
The girl's side of the car. You can't really see my sister, but she's there.

Waiting for the pictures...which didn't upload just now. Anyways.



Just like old times, I get the back. Ah, the mini-van!



Look what I found in a side compartment! A poncho from the Maid of the Mist boat in Niagara Falls, Canada!

Looking out the window on the way to the Heidelberg--a moon bounce?

Oh look, a drink holder I'd never seen before!

A house I liked. I like the style--is it Cape Cod?
Gas prices on there way up...in PA, they were 2.89. Later in the weekend, I saw $3.15.

No idea what that brown cloth is around my legs, as I was wearing shorts, but these are the shoes of the sisters as they wait for their authentic German lunch.

Cooking the wursts. Aren't the red aprons fantastic? We all ordered weiswurst, which, if you order it in Munich, you can only get before noon, because it is considered a breakfast wurst.

The umbrella for the table we sat at.

The wurst with sauerkraut and the German potato salad.
Terzo's vegetarian sandwich. Interesting how the next day, when we went to the Brazilian restaurant, he was eating meat with the rest of us...


And on the way home, it was hot. So hot that I took off my shoes. And clearly have gotten rid of that brown cloth. I am wearing shorts.

So ends the first segment of the Falls Church weekend. Later this day, I discovered that the 7-11 by my parent's house has returned to Coke and I purchase a Coke Slurpee. I have not researched if this is a universal changeover.

7 comments:

Paula said...

Looks like fun. I think the "brown cloth" is your legs with your knees bent a bit.

MsCellania said...

Those are your very own knees in shadow. Honest.
Your trip sounds jam-packed with fun. It's strange how family dynamics always play out the same. But they do.

And I love your sugar bowl. I got alot of great stuff in Germany, too. I am particularly fond of my egg cups.

Sarah Louise said...

good to know.

Badger said...

Wha...? I don't see a brown cloth. Is it like a magic eye picture? Where only some people can see them?

Mmm, wurst! Is weiswurst white? And if so, what's it made from?

BabelBabe said...

I dislike feet. So there were waaayyyy too many feet pics here for me. Move along...

The red aprons look like the pinnies we had to wear in gym class to differentiate teams...they might have been washed once a year. Ewww.

Sarah Louise said...

dislike feet? I didn't know there was such a thing. I'll keep it in mind, tho.

SL

JRoth said...

Far too late, but I came here searching for something else. Anyway, that house is NOT Cape Cod - it's a bungalow, vaguely Mission/Arts & Crafts style.

Also, for badger, weisswurst is white (pale gray), and made from veal and eggs.

Any other random questions?