I play hard and fast with the rules on these things, so if you're missing a question, it's b/c I thought it was too stupid to deign even a smarta** answer or someone else answered it better.
1. How old do you wish you were? I wish I were a healthy grandma with at least three doting grandchildren.
2. Where were you when 9/11 happened? I was in Pittsburgh, in bed, listening to my clock radio. When the second plane hit, I flew to the TV and then went downstairs and woke up my neighbor. We watched TV the rest of the morning. I had stayed home that morning instead of going to Bible Study to work on a project due that afternoon (this is when I was in Library School) and so I was grateful when (this is so selfish) they thought Pittsburgh was a target and they closed down downtown and Oakland. I got an extra day to work on my project. I remember how weird it was, no planes in the air. And I bought an EXTRA edition of the paper that day and every day after for like a week.
6. If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? German. I took it for a year in 2nd grade and then my last year in college. I was fluent for like three weeks at the end of my senior year. German is the coolest language, ever! But after that, I want to learn Greek and Hebrew. Then Italian.
7. Do you know your neighbors? I just got a new neighbor downstairs. She seems really nice. The guy on the first floor and I have had like 2 conversations in as many months. But he seems like a nice guy. And the across the street neighbors are the ones that gave me the swim tag. I used to visit Minnie, the Italian grandma across the street a lot more. She's a real sweetie.
8. What do you consider a vacation? Somewhere with people I love and I'm not working. I prefer the beach, but that doesn't really happen very often.
10. Would you move for the person you loved? I've been known to say "I'd really have to love my husband to live in a small town," because I am such a city girl. My life up to age 17 was moving for people I loved, but I didn't have a choice in the matter.
12. Do you believe that opposites attract? Yes. My parents are living proof. They only share 1 letter in the Meyers-Briggs. They've been married for over 33 years. My dad is the die hard romantic and my mom is the one who wants you to move dirt for a Mother's Day gift. Yes, as in digging a hole in the back yard.
13. Dream job? Writing and doing crafty stuff. Oh and a bookstore with a cafe...
14. Favorite channels? FOX and NBC. Although there is this local station called WBGN ?? that plays Cagney and Lacey at 8, Hawaii 5-o at ten, and Mork and Mindy at 11.
15. Favorite place to go on a weekend? I work every weekend. I'd love to go to Niagara Falls for a weekend, though.
17. Do you paint your nails? Yes. I feel prettier when I do. I think I'm going to get a pedicure before the summer is out....
21. Do you keep a handwritten journal? Sometimes. But my blog and emails to friends have become my main written record lately. I do carry a notebook in my purse at all times, though, to write down quotes from books, sermon notes, prayer requests, and lists.
22. Where would you rather be right now? At home, watching the 7 pm Friends.
24. Heavy or light sleep? Heavy. I have slept through my alarm many days this week.
32. What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping
33. Who was your last text message from? Joke.
34. Whose bed did you sleep in last night? my own.
35. What color shirt are you wearing? Pink! (C'mon, these questions are killing me!)
36. Most recent movie you watched? Superman Returns.
38. What color are your bed sheets? They are pastelly with a beach motif.
41. What's your favorite town/city? Pittsburgh. Second: Warsaw, Poland.
44. What did you have for dinner last night? Wendy's Southwestern Taco Salad.
45. How tall are you barefoot? 5'9" and a half. I am damn proud of that HALF inch.
51. What time did you wake up today? 9 am.
55. Where would you like to travel? Poland, Italy, Austria, Montana.
57. Last thing you ate? Strawberry Sherbet. Hey, I'm going to the Sharp Edge after work, so I want to work up an appetite.
58. What songs do you sing in the shower? Sunday school songs from my childhood. But mainly I just listen to Sinatra, Diana Krall, and all them nostalgia folks on WJAS.
62. What is your favorite candy? Raisinets.
1 week ago