Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Why are there so many songs about rainbows and what's on the other side?

(Kermit the Frog) Listen to the Midi, here.

Sunday I went to see Chris Tomlin. I bought my first concert t-shirt!! It's gray, with pink writing. I am so proud!! I was a little worried that going to the concert wouldn't qualify as "church," which is where I generally spend Sunday evening. Oh, but I shouldn't have worried. The worship was phenomenal (Indescribable), and Louie Giglio did this amazing talk in the middle on the stars in the Milky Way and how amazing it is that God should care for us, a pale dot suspended in air and bathed by sunlight. (Not the exact quote...) He showed us amazing photos from the Hubble Telescope. So I was tickled pink to see that the second verse of the Rainbow Connection (see lyrics above, in the link) talks about stargazing.

On the way to the concert, I dropped by my library to pick up a copy of Sudden Fiction. And when I pulled out of the parking lot, I saw these:






The rainbow was God's first promise. Google the Hubble Telescope and take a gander at some stars. Happy Hump day all. I'm off to sing songs with babies. Say a prayer that we don't need to call the police on their older counterparts--we called the cops on the teens twice last Wednesday.

8 comments:

blackbird said...

gorgeous! gorgeous!

sometimes I want to yell
"BRAVO"
at the sky when I see something beautiful like that!

Sarah Louise said...

and to think that I had my camera with me!

--erica said...

Lovely pics!!
And now I'm going to be singing that song all day!

Joke said...

Yeah, now I have to see that movie, too.

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

You. haven't. seen. "The Muppet Movie"? (I admit, I think "Muppets in Space" was the best one and the "Great Muppet Caper" was the second best, but the first one *is* a classic.)

Joke said...

I meant that as in "see it again" since it's been near-forever since I've seen it.

-J.

--erica said...

Personally, I thought Muppet Christmas Carol was the best! :)

Sarah Louise said...

Well, until I saw "Muppets in Space," I'd say yes. But "Muppets in Space" was wunderbar.