Monday, February 06, 2006

Here we go Stillers, Here we go!

In my defense, I have to admit that it was not the first time I fell asleep during the Super Bowl. But when I dozed off, at about nine-ish, I was not watching the Super Bowl. I was tired at half-time, decided to go home and throw a load of wash and watch "Mad Hot Ballroom" for the 45 minutes it would take Mick Jagger to sing "I can't get no..." and all the rest. I fully intended to then rejoin the loyal Steeler's fans that were assembled at the Union Project. (When I say loyal, I mean crazy. At least one guy had his face painted black on one side, gold on the other. He painted several children's faces, writing "Steelers" on their foreheads, and "7" and "36" on their cheeks.)

So here's a story from the Post-Gazette that tells you about all the plays I missed as I sawed logs on my sofa. Note to self: do not attempt to watch documentary about New York youngsters learning ballroom dancing if you want to see the second half of the Big Game.

I did see the first touchdown happen, though, and baby, that was a sweet move. If you didn't see it, tough. Google it. I'm sure you can find video.

(The first time I fell asleep during the Super Bowl? When Janet Jackson had her, um, wardrobe malfunction. I missed the whole thing!)

I'm not proud of my actions, but the Steelers pulled through without me, so the end of the story is WE WON ONE FOR THE THUMB!

(And I have to be awake at 9 a.m. for a four hour meeting on Summer Reading Club, etc. I think having the mid-game nap will help my wake-up time in the morning.)

Right now I'm drying my laundry...I'll stay up a little longer to "take out of the dryer promptly" my Old Navy khaki's.

GO STEELERS!

(Oh, and my favorite commercial? The Bud light commercial with the "amazing hideaway wall")

No comments: