Thursday, February 09, 2006

In which Sarah Louise watches Ellen...

Okay, so today, later, I'm going to be rubbing shoulders with theologians and seminarians. You'd think I'd be meditating, or taking a walk, or something...but no! I had to turn on Ellen and she's doing a Grammy show. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME IT WAS THE GRAMMYS YESTERDAY? (Um, yes, I am a librarian. Um, yes, I occasionally read the newspaper...but to find out that U2 won while I was checking my Google mail...it's just wrong. Bep, we clearly need to find another way to communicate...)

And I went to bed early last night....

Whatever.....

But I did get to see Bono and the Edge (what kind of name is that?) talk to Ellen.

And I have determined that the Opening Ceremonies (the Olympics, what else?) are tomorrow night. So, I have to either convince the children I'm babysitting that that's what we're watching or I have to figure out my VCR (or get Babelbabe to tape it for me...)

Bep will be glad to know I have finally removed my non-working VCR from the TV area. But my working one doesn't have a visible clock!! (Yes, I'm one of those people that NEEDS to know what time it is) (and yet I'm perennially late, go figure...)

Ellen's big news: Madonna is going on tour. Yeah, that was pretty underwhelming for me, the whole Madonna interview thing. Like what is that hair?

Now, if only I could find a blank tape...but the good news is this: The Bermuda Triangle effect is reversing, if slowly. I am finding things at a quicker rate than I am losing them. Found this week: stamps, a watch (missing since Christmas), and, um, other stuff!

A big plug for This Side of Eve, which has two shows this week: tonight at Club Cafe and tomorrow somewhere else. Check out the link. Their first album, "Aching from Wanting More" has been spinning on my CD player the past 24 hours. Maybe one of the things I'll find this week will be their latest album. (It's here...somewhere.)

Time to move on--Sarah Louise does not (I repeat does not) watch Montel.

3 comments:

blackbird said...

Now you need to watch a regular Ellen show --

I really like Ellen, as you know, and one of the things I like is that she seems so genuine. Somehow McDonna seemed like a big asshead sitting there next to Ellen.

Now, Bono? Is another story altogether...

bobbie said...

oh sl - you made me laugh this morning. i miss you! wonderful post, hope you enjoyed the theologian! wish i could have gone with you.

Sarah Louise said...

the thing at PTS was GREAT!!!

blackbird: I do watch regular Ellen.

bobbie: I miss you too!