Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It's a Carnival! Cotton candy all around!

Chicken Spaghetti (one up from the bottom on my blogroll) (with the other kid's lit blogs)

Sidebar: the method to the madness of my blogroll:
  • Babelbabe, I always check first. Next, Joke, next Blackbird (and I'm not on her blog-roll yet, but whatever...). This is the first layer, and some days I stop here. But other days, I'll keep going. The next layer are the Open Door blogs: John Creasy, his lovely wife Alyssa, and Pat Bird. Emergent Pittsburgh is the sandwich before we get to the eclectic blogs: a Brazilian blog, a concert pianist's blog, bobbie's blog (SHE ROCKS, btw), Waiter Rant, and Erin's blog, Biscotti Brain. She's great too. (I love you, Toots!) Then we have two crafty blogs, il bloggi and wish jar journal, followed by three fabulous blogs that focus on kid's books. So that's the grand tour, in case you were wondering...

So, as I was saying, Chicken Spaghetti is sponsoring a blog carnival. I had never heard of this before, but it's sort of like what I just did, except that instead of *me* highlighting the blogs on my blog-roll, a real carnival involves people sending in their favorite posts on a particular subject. CS, being a blog that focuses on children's books, the posts to be sent in are to be (guess!) about children's books. I have submitted Mother Goose on the loose and the Mother & Daughters Book Club. (Which none of you commented on...)

I'll keep you updated. Who knows, maybe I'll host a carnival one of these days! It could be fun...

4 comments:

blackbird said...

eesh -
shamed into updating the blog roll -

at the possible expense of the entire BLOG I might add!

I am NO good at fussing with my template.

Sarah Louise said...

Aww--thanks darling!

bobbie said...

shucks, you rock too sl!! miss you!

Erin said...

You're so right... bobbie rocks!!

Love ya too :)