This is the "Honest to God" meme. I got this from bobbie, who tagged me.
There are rules.
List 10 honest things about yourself.
Pass around some linky love, seven to be honest.
1. I miss Blackbird's Show and Tell. There was a bloggy camaraderie in everyone showing up on Thursdays with their pictures.
2. I do not want to have children--the thought of all that lost sleep drives me batty. But I do want to get married, so I want that part about a marriage being for having children stricken from the record when I take my vows. Hey, I'm 37. I'm allowed to not want to have children. (I get defensive about this point of honesty.)
3. I just went to Hope's post to see what her Honest to Gods were because what if I do it wrong? Yes, folks, I am a perfectionist. I went over to bobbie's too.
4. I hate that my neighbor has a cat. You can smell the litter box while you're standing out in the hall. Yuck. (But I'm scared to confront her.)
5. As soon as I can manage it, I'm trading in this car. I want automatic locks and windows and something that can handle snow a little better. (I'm still paying off my last car...)
6. I want a big party, just for me and all the people that would celebrate with me. Dancing. Food. Hugs. Because I haven't had a big party. I didn't get married. I haven't had children. I didn't buy a house. I want a big party, celebrating me. I want to celebrate with my friends and cousins, and I don't want to wait until I'm 50. Well, I'll be 40 soon enough.
7. I hate watching all the cute single guys that I sort of had crushes on get married. Every time it happens, I think, "Another one bites the dust."
8. It took me 20 years to get over the guy who was my first boyfriend. He was the first person to tell me I was sexy, and the first guy to really mess me up. I'm glad I'm over him, but I wouldn't have lived my life differently--I've come out stronger for having been so weak.
9. I really really really really want to go to the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver. I have no idea how I would afford it, time or money. But I really want to go.
10. I am looking longingly at MFA programs. I have no idea how I would afford it time or money. The thought of leaving my career as a librarian to take some time to write scares me crazy because it's not an easy thing to get a librarian job in this town. I should know.
and one for good measure:
11. I really want to move to NYC. I know it's noisy, smelly, and expensive. So I'll live in Queens. But there are no library jobs in that town and the writing programs there are poorly funded.
Seven folks I'm tagging:
katrina (and yes, I'll change your link to your actual blog on my blogroll. Not today, but I will. I promise.)
3 weeks ago