Thursday, November 03, 2005

An update on the upcoming...

So I just spent an hour on an emergent website culling info so that I can try to explain what the emergent church is. So far, the best synopsis is a t-shirt I've seen: Front: "Don't Go to Church" Back: "Be the church."

There are a ton of "emergent blogs" and I'm not about to become one--focus on one topic, are you insane? Variety is the spice and all that, otherwise I'd get bored!

Which is another component to this whole emergent thing: sometimes we have church, with a message and songs and prayers, and sometimes we have an evening of prayer stations, where the media are the message, like sitting blindfolded, or writing on a sheet of butcher paper about "where have you walked?" Some people like me, give a travelogue: the 10th St Bridge, the Teton Mts. in Montana. Others are introspective/philosophical: "In God, in life, in books."

But all blogging and surfing makes Sarah Louise dull and bug eyed. To bed, then, to read my book, Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.

Ta!

btw, if you really want quality blogging, click on one of my blog links: Think Denk. This man is a genius--a concert pianist and a wonderful thinker/blogger. I am always glad when I read his posts.

Sorry, no links...I want to read!!! (the actual page, paper, the sheets around my feet...)

No comments: