Friday, November 18, 2005

Play date tomorrow!

This is one of those annoying posts that is self-referential and filled with inside jokes. I don't care, it's my blog! If you want to understand what I'm talking about, read the archives and click on the links!

Tomorrow is my girl-y day. In the morning, my friend Suzanne (who used to live downstairs and drink tea with me) is coming over. We're going to "hang" and have "girl time." I know she will probably help me with my dishes and I know she will definately help me get my suitcase from the basement to my third floor walk-up, but I want us to have something fun. Yesterday I was at Tar-get (my favorite retailer) and saw ornament kits, thank you card kits, holiday card kits and they all seemed so...prosaic. So, since I've been doing the "errands on the way home from work" to break up the time, I'm going to stop at Joanne Fabrics and see if I can find us a fun craft. Today her hubby is cellophaning my windows. Gotta love the barter system (I babysat for their lovely boys a few weeks ago). Ah, just finished my tea. So, do I spend 43 cents for a cold Coke? (how's that for red??) Oh yes! Caffiene is much needed--since I have the pillow and there was no one in the back office, I did take (she admits it!) a small cat nap earlier. That's when I decided it was time to brew tea. Once that was done, I decided to visit Marian upstairs (btw, she likes the nickname) and we chatted about librarian.net. I thought this was genius--so right brained!!

***pause while i walk upstairs to get a soda** (or is it pop?) (very proud of this link) (tawk amongst yourselves)

Okay, that was a big pause--the time stamp says 4:12 and it is now 5:22. Less than 40 minutes left!!

Well, see, what happened is this: I went up to the Book Nook to get a soda, and one for my boss, Mistress Mary, and I ran into Ginger, a volunteer in the Book Nook, who used to work with me at Fox books eons ago. So we started chatting, and then I saw Queen Noor's book and then I saw an Alexandra Stoddard book (Open Your Eyes) and so then I bought the QN book but had to go back downstairs to get more $$ for the AS book. I've never had one of her titles in *hardcover.* She is my decorating hero! (heroine?)

I think I'll get my ice pack while I finish this up...

***pause***

'm back. Thank goodness I cleaned out my book bag yesterday (cause you know, with a fractured tailbone one probably shouldn't be carrying a lot of books) since now I have two library books (Palm Computing for Dummies, The Genius in the Design) and two new books, Leap of Faith (Queen Noor) and Open Your Eyes (Alex) (yes, we're on a first name basis.)

Eric Clapton was on the Today show this morning (this has been a good week for music, what with having Paul on Ellen on Monday...) and as Matt was introducing Eric, Matt said, "You know, there are moments when you think this is the coolest job (being Matt) and this is one of them." Yeah, he gets to swim in a tank of fish and whale sharks on Monday!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

okay, so the first link is wrong, but the other ones work. It's 5:56, so I'm OUTTA HERE!!

Joke said...

This is one lo-o-o-ong play date.

-J.