Friday, November 11, 2005

Tea and more tea...

A cup of tea will make us glad and a little friendship is no small matter. --Japanese Folk Song

"The autumn leaves are falling like rain,
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups at my table"
- T'ang Dynasty

The second quote is not the exact one I know, but as I have misplaced my notebook with quotes, this one from a google search will have to do.

My mother is home. I do so enjoy talking to my sister when my parents are gone and I have to figure out how to continue that once they return home, but it so comforting when my mom just chats with me.

Tomorrow I will have a movie festival on my sofa--back to back Big Night and Ice Princess. I wonder if I'll wake up early enough tomorrow to take a walk...

I met Babelbabe at T'azza D'Oro for my lunch, her coffee and three boys. It is so nice to have friends nearby. It really truly is.

And so to bed.

6 comments:

Joke said...

Big Night ROCKS.

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

I know! All the talk of Primo and Segundo and Terce on BHTS got me started. And, I'm up early enough for a short walk--will wonders never cease? Bring on November--though I imagine it is cold out there.

gowff: what you say instead of wow to a person who prefers words that begin with g and end in f

Joke said...

Gowff was how the old Scottish pros used to say the word "golf" in the PG Wodehouse books.

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

Actually Big Night will be another night...maybe Wednesday. Ice Princess (don't roll those eyes) was a great film. Much more complex and brainy than one might expect of a Disney G rated flick.

Joke said...

I will say THIS for Ice Princess: it cannot be materially worse than Ice Castles.

-J.

VW is "glopxp"

blackbird said...

lucky girl...

I'd love to have another blogger nearby.