Monday, November 07, 2005

Insomnia, the writer of this post

AH, I am insomnia, the thief of sleep! Sarah Louise stared blankly and played with her red egg of silly putty while watching a 2 hr special of Law & Order: CI on kids that had blogs and used them to post questionable pictures. Then when the show was over, I got her to think about a friend she's worried about. Unluckily, her sister was home, so she got to process it a bit, but I got her blogging, so I think she'll be late for MOPS, whaddya think?

Sarah Louise rebutts: NO, Insomnia, you will not have power over me. If I have to not shower, I will make it to MOPS by 8:30, because I'm going to rely on my friends Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks to lull me to sleep. I will even set out my clothes tonight!!

Wonderful things that happened today: I had lunch with BB, we sang two of my favorite songs at the OD, I got two teddy bear hugs, and I got to chat with my sister twice today!! (And my I talked to my mom briefly.) My sister and I compared/shared Birthday/Christmas gifts. She wants an iPod. I want Friends, The Complete Second Season. Unwritten on our lists: a good man, like the one that married Mom.

Blessed be the one who walks in the name of the Lord.

Oh, and I am now up to 40 cents on my Fuel Perks!! (It's a Pittsburgh thing, maybe I'll link this post later.)

But now, I'm going to Bed!!! Insomnia, you go away.

Move it!

(scuttling noise heard in the distance, as the VCR whirs on and you hear the opening song...)

4 comments:

Joke said...

My favorite part from Mass today sorta coincides with this:

"Sanctus. Sanctus. Sanctus Dominus Deus Sabaoth. Pleni sun caeli et terra gloria tua. Hosanna in excelsis. Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini. Hosanna in excelsis."

Sounds like you had a good day (insomnia aside).

-J., who likes his insomnia

Sarah Louise said...

I just came online to decide whether to revert this post to draft. One of my favorite parts of the Mass is that indeed, although repeating the Latin is beyond me. I slept well and am watching Matt Lauer on the Easter Islands, answering the "eternal question" "Where in the World is Matt Lauer?"

btpamzdv: but pam's zydeco dance--vavoom!

BabelBabe said...

at church today i heard the kyrie for the first time ever (I was raised baptist, remember?) it was *lovely* and made my morning.

much of the music and prayers yesterday were in latin, partly for all saints' sunday and partly because we had guest musicians due to the all saints music festival that started yesterday and goes on this week. so different stuff, but gorgeous. i see the attraction, joke.

Joke said...

ARGH!

Blogger ate my totally excellent comment! (It was long, I know, so it's my fault.)

Cliffs' Notes: SL- You get used to the Latin. I had to take Latin while at school, courtesy of some hard@$$ Jesuits. BabBab- What'd I tell ya?

-J.