Thursday, November 17, 2005

Livid? that doesn't begin to express it

Mad? Oh yeah.

Is it because for the third day in a row I left the milk I bought in the fridge at work?
Is it because I fractured my tailbone and it hurts?
Is it because it's finally winter (26 degrees in the 'Burgh)?

No, I am filled with white rage because FEMA is throwing thousands out on the streets in two weeks. After Thanksgiving (thanks!) but before Christmas.

I'm thrilled that Crosby brought home the puck for the Pens. I'm mad that I scrolled a whole page on Google news and that was the news I found, so far nothing on FEMA.

If you want to get mad too (or just get some info) here are some links:

I have the Today show on behind me, and one of today's stories is about plastic surgery. "People can't tell how old I am until they look at my hands," one woman complains. "A surgeon can fake a six-peck" claims a journalist. Puh-leeze!

Okay, here's something you can do: if you live in a "select city," go see this movie. I won't be going to movies (my favorite thing) for a while (y'know, the sitting for an hour or more...). It's all about what the Today show is calling "Generation Rx," and how we are medicating our children...

Okay, here's something to be happy about...(?) Robert Sabuda is not sporting a wedding ring!! The king of pop-ups is gorgeous and oh my. Here's a blog entry...I'm hoping this works...I still haven't taken time to understand trackbacks.

Well, maybe I should go tackle a portion of my apartment, as Joke has suggested, since, as he also points out, "at least you're not in a cast."

7 comments:

Sarah Louise said...

okay I'm also mad that my links didn't all work, but not mad enough to fix it. Happy Thursday!

oh: about parents: my mom got out of the shower to answer my 7:59 call and said she thought the same thing I did when she heard about the FEMA thing: "What is the Presbyterian church doing?" She yelled over to my dad who was at Presbytery yesterday and reported back to me, "It didn't come up." Okay, now I'm going to tackle my apartment...

Joke said...

Um, I'm not, like, 10000000% sure of this, but, uh, I think Robert Sabuda is, um, like not someone to, um, get married in the traditional sense.

-J.

Joke said...

And unrelated to anything, the VW is "ponks."

bobbie said...

oh, i'm so sorry about your tail bone! liam cracked his sledding about 10 years ago and he's still black and blue (no pain, but a horrible mark).

i too am so ticked about the fema thing. what are they thinking? i am fasting the news for the past year (except online) and i love it. i feel so unmanipulated!

hoping you're feeling better this a.m. can't wait to meet at the end of the month!

BabelBabe said...

yeah, i am with joke on this one.

i've never cared for blondes anyway...

just missed a call from you due to being up to my elbows in baby excrement...sigh....

Sarah Louise said...

daily update: it's inconvienient and uncomfortable and yet, oh joy, I drove all the way to work (30 minutes driving is a huge feat--I hadn't done that yet!) I'll post later.

littlerabbit said...

Thanks for linking to my entry, you can use the URL in the address box instead of the trackback:

http://cailun.info/index.php?/archives/88-Pop-Up-Books.html