Monday, December 15, 2008

“A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.

(Donna Roberts)

Today I had to see EE Sally. I needed an old friend whose history I knew and who knew mine. We went to Walmart (because sometimes the only way to hang out with your busy momma friends is to go on errands with them.)

So I told her stuff, and I said, I feel like some of the stuff I'm doing doesn't make sense in a linear way. And she said (bless her heart), "When has anything in your life been linear?" And it was so true.

If you have a true blue friend like that, one that has seen you at your best and at your absolute worst, hold on tight. And find ways to be in their lives, even if it's a morning trip to Walmart. (Which btw, was super fun, as she was getting supplies for a star costume she's making for a Christmas pageant.)

The rest of the day, I hibernated. In the true sense. I was under the covers and asleep for a long time. And I just yawned, so I don't sense that insomnia will be a problem. I'm thinking it's because little miss introvert was out all night Saturday (from 7:30 to 1 a.m.), then a party Sunday morning for some twins first birthday, and then church which was dinner. Yep, that's a lot of being around people.

Yawn. Time to head back to bed.

2 comments:

KitchenKiki said...

Ahhhhhhh the call of Mr. Bed & Mr. Pillow. In fact, I think I hear them now...

sweet dreams!

Holly said...

I like that quote in the title so much. Also, hibernation.