Friday, December 19, 2008

A personal story on water

After I wrote a post on this topic for a different blog, wherein I shared my experiences with water, I thought, geesh, I at least owe you a story.

As a child growing up in the foreign service, I lived in Honduras, Poland, and Brazil. In none of these countries did potable (drinking) water come from the tap. In Honduras, water had to be boiled first. In Poland, it had to be boiled (distilled, we had a distiller) and then filtered, to take out heavy metals such as cadmium that lived in the tap water. I was fortunate to live in situations where the water was treated, and I didn’t get sick. I don't remember how water was treated in Brazil, but I'm pretty sure we didn't drink what came from the tap.

Please consider donating. And consider blogging about it, if you have a blog. Let's pass this on. It's important. See post below for all the particulars, or click on this link to Laura's blog.

No comments: