Friday, June 20, 2008

She shops around for the best yarns...

So as I stumble back into having a daily quiet time, I've been going back to Proverbs 31. I know a lot of women shudder, but I have always liked her, she seems like someone I'd like. Today I changed translations and had to laugh that The Message translation of verse 13 is "She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing" in light of yesterday's post.

I did some sewing in high school, with my mom's help, I made a skirt. I wonder if I have a picture somewhere...I'll search. The pockets were the coolest--they were tied at the top...I'll get a picture.

Yesterday I cleaned in the morning and did two loads of laundry, DUSTED, and miracle of miracles, found a library book that had been lost for over a year. This week I was finally going to come clean and say to the library whose it was, what do I owe you? Instead, I found it!! Woo hoo! The cover price is $20 and processing would be about $5 or $6, so I saved myself twenty five bucks!

Today is my dear old dad's birthday. He sent me this You Tube, but we both also enjoyed this one (my dad is tall, his name is Paul): Tall Paul sung by Annette Funicello.




3 comments:

KitchenKiki said...

He is definitely "Tall Paul"

I'll make a deal. If you get all your dishes done and Kitchen clean, I'll send you some pottery to put in it.

Maybe we should make you post pictures of the clean kitchen so we can all ooh & ahh!
:)

Holly said...

Haha, the Message can be so funny. I really like this verse from that chapter:
"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come."
That's when I'd like most to be like her, I think. Although the ability to clothe one's house in scarlet is also a pretty admirable trait.

Sarah Louise said...

Kiki--you're on. Now if I could get an energy boost...

Cuile--THAT IS MY FAVORITE VERSE! It used to be my "email signature."