Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Elvis has left the building!

(Matt Freed/Post-Gazette)

(Mike Lange, as Petr Sykora scores the winning goal in Game 5, this morning.)

Well, I was awake through the first two overtimes. (No, Kiki, it wasn't because I was sleeping and dreaming of a Pens victory, though I did sleep with my Pens shirt on and yes, I was dreaming of a Pens victory.)

Mike Lange had a great one when we tied the game with 35 seconds to go, "Get in the fast lane Grandma, the bingo game is ready to roll! We got a brand new hockey game!"

And, hockey neophyte that I am, I've never watched a game into double overtime. WOW! And being the only person in my living room, I just couldn't stay up 'til the end. I was exhausted, and I took my bedtime meds as regulation time was running out. Blame chemistry.

So. very. exciting.

I woke up with the radio blasting "The X" (105.9, the station that plays Mike Lange's commentary).

So I've been hearing all about the last minutes, oh, so thrilling. Cannot wait to buy a paper today.
The best was when on TV they showed the guy who watches the Stanley Cup take it out and polish it off. This was when it was close to the end of regulation time. Apparently they had champagne ready too.

More quotes:

"One for the history books."

"Yeah, I did have a little pizza...Domino's" (Petr being funny.)

Not so fast. (Post Gazette coverage)

Not so fast. (Detroit Press--Mitch Albom, as in Tuesdays with Morrie)

And this I love on the Post-Gazette's "Latest Local News":

5:41: Stanley Cup Game 6 tickets on sale at 10 a.m. today

5:49: Sykora's goal in third OT gives Penguins 4-3 victory

Um, which comes first?

Hey, you know, I'm over-compensating for sleeping through the winning goal by sitting in front to the computer and soaking it all in.

3 comments:

KitchenKiki said...

It was late, everybody was asleep by the time it was over!

the excitement will continue another day!

(ps both your links go to the ppg)

Sarah Louise said...

Now they don't, thanks m'dear!

Something about the Pens winning and I am cleaning...I just threw out a pair of well loved slippers. (That should have been thrown out 6 mos ago, nevermind.)

xo,

SL

MsCellania said...

HEY!
I was up! I saw it. I was up because I am sick as a dawg, but it was worth it.
And you're welcome (again) for those goodies a while back!
Not been blogging much for a year. Kindy and first grader + never-home spouse = exhausted mom.
Hope you're doing well, SL.
xoxo