Thursday, September 27, 2007

A picture book can be fun AND educational!

NOOOO! That's not what I meant to cut and paste. Here's what I meant to enlighten yins with:

Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder. Help someone's soul heal. Walk

out of your house like a shepherd. -Jalaluddin Rumi, poet and mystic
(1207-1273)

A friend of Max's who has befriended me (I helped her put together a list of kid's books for a MOPS presentation) sent me this quote. I rather like it. It reminds me of the guy from M L'E's A Small Rain, the guy who ends up being an Episcopal priest in the second book (A Severed Wasp). He called himself a "window-washer." I no longer own A Small Rain (bangs head agains proverbial wall), or I'd pull up a quote, and frankly, I'm too lazy and feeling the aches of Day Two (which seems to have shifted in my life to be Day Three) to walk over to the other room to find a quote from A Severed Wasp.

So there you have it.

(The title quote is from my wild and crazy friend Susan, the Usborne lady. I told her she was preaching to the choir.)

I'm going out of town this weekend and look at me, I'm procrastinating AFTER I've done most of the packing!! WH--at? I know! I keep thinking I've forgotten something. Well, a few things can't go in until the last minute--hairdryer, toothbrush. I haven't decided if I'm taking shampoo. (I'll be staying with the folks, and there might be shampoo in the guest bath, I can't remember.)

Monday will mark exactly four months to the day of our first "date." Kind of exciting/bizarre/wonderful. (Pinch me.)

Oh, and can I just say what a wonderful place a laundromat is? You get quarters AND cash! (Our in house laundry machines eat quarters, so I eventually have to visit a change machine as we don't have one of THOSE in house.)

Off to check the wash...

3 comments:

Mig said...

Happy four month anniversary!

That is very exciting!!! although not as exciting as laundry.

NOT!

Badger said...

Pinch!

Hee!

Amy A. said...

Happy four-a-versary!

SL... a while back you posted a little poem about the dewey decimal system. If you still have it hanging around, will you send it to me? Too lazy to bum around your archives. If you don't remember, no worries. Only do it if you have it handy.

Have a nice trip! xoxo