Monday, September 24, 2007

And now, for something completely different...

The Squirrel Hill branch of the Carnegie has been open for two years. I'm hardly ever in Squirrel Hill, so I had not seen the renovation.

But after a club samwich at Gullifty's and a jaunt across the street to the Iggle for some yogurt n'at, I parked in the lot below the library ($1.00 minimum!) and took the stairs up.

It is very steel and open beams and tech-y sort of looking. And I might have said sterile except that there were people EVERYWHERE and lots of huge signs that said "Ask the Librarian." Which I did. "Where are your movies?" (Such the bibliophile that I am.)

I got "Two Weeks Notice" on VHS (yes, DVD player still under the weather) and the audio of Gilead. So yes, I'm re-watching and re-listening, but sometimes that's the best comfort. Then I drove on home and here I am!

At 4:15 I have my chiro appt, and then I think I'll spend the evening doing things like dishes, laundry, and watching TV and movies. Who am I kidding? I should start the laundry now, as honestly, I just want to veg tonight.

No comments: