Friday, September 07, 2007

Dream... (The Everly Brothers)

So I dreamt that I was visiting somewhere and Shawn Colvin was to have a concert next door. I wrote a letter to get tickets and I got this horrible letter back that said "of course tickets are sold out, the concert is tomorrow, and anyways, if we had any tickets, you don't make enough money to afford tickets. Maybe if you catch Shawn in person she'll give you one out of the pity of her heart."

(This is not verbatim, but it was a dream, and though I lay in bed a long time trying to hold onto it, puzzle it, like all dreams, it flies away once you've gotten up to use the bathroom.)

So I somehow went to the house next door, saw Shawn, ran up the stairs after her, and she invited me to the concert. I got to sit up on stage! Then, before the concert, she read the letter aloud and basically fired the three writers who were responsible for ridiculing my income level.

The concert was great, of course. At intermission I went for a ride down some Pennsylvania road where I kept going round and the drug store kept changing its name. I came in late from intermission but they let me in.

At another intermission, myself, Shawn and someone else had to use the bathroom, but since the concert was almost over, we had to sneak into the "special" bathrooms, where the cleaning lady had already started working. She was miffed, said we were past the time when you could use them, but Shawn said, I'm the performer! So she let us in, wet floor and all.

There were other strange things, as dreams go, but each minute I spend sitting here, more of the dream vaporizes away. I had another strange dream last night/this morning but even now I can hardly remember what it was about.

IT'S FRIDAY!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Thanks for sharing your crazy dream! I don't dream in a memorable way much, but have started to recently, and its reassuring to know that other people have crazy dreams too. And it also reminds me that I must maintain the ban on CSI, lest the dreams turn into nightmares.