Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday's alright...

So I woke up with my alarm at 7:30 (I think I made the wake-up call for p.m.!!) so I didn't have bad dreams. Well, I tried on a horrible denim skirt at Goodwill, but it was nothing like yesterday when I slept til 9am and had dreamed that a former co-worker had died.

Laura and me, yesterday: (this is from memory, so maybe not direct quotes...)
(after I told her about my dream)
Laura: Well, it's been nice working with you!
Me: My dad asked if I was going to call Fox Books and locate him. Today? As if I had the time...
Laura: Are you going to tell him about the dream?
Me: NO! Just, been thinking about you, how ARE you, etc.
Laura: Well, that's good.

Laura is the HEROINE of yesterday and the rest of the summer as far as I'm concerned. She pulled off the bestest pet show ever. At about 3 pm, she pleaded me to stay late and help her. And I did--she asked so nicely: "please please" and also, it meant I didn't have to change my already printed time-sheets (since I overslept, etc, I didn't get to work until 11.)

I swear, I was smiling so much it felt like I had a hanger in my mouth. I took the pictures of each child (or group of children) and their pet. I also took some candid group shots.

I took home three bags: all the Leonard Bernstein kids' concerts on DVD (which I personally catalogued, back in the spring), some kiddie scissors for today's event at the UP, and magazines galore. Oh, and I went a little CRA-Z at the Book Nook. I think I spent $3.43.

No word from Marian. Emily has now met HIS parents and last night he met HERS. Oh, and she tried on some wedding dresses yesterday afternoon. (A mutual friend who does Mary Kay was hanging out at David's Bridal.)

BOOK YOU MUST READ: Peace like a River by Leif Enger. WOW-ZA. I finished the audio with Chad Lowe last night (yes, if you drove past my house, that was me sitting in the car waiting for it to finish) and it was better than expected. WOW.

2 comments:

Caro said...

That was YOU in the car.

Phew, I almost called the cops. :P

MsCellania said...

I love this "smiling so much it felt like I had a hangar in my mouth."

You are a gem. A GEM, I tell you!

I used to love going to live venues but now? I fear I would fall asleep on the tiny little round table, with my soda water clutched firmly in my hand, drooling ever so slightly.

I had something clever to say but I'm worn to the nubs. Good night, SL. Sleep Tight. Wake up bright in the morning light.