Thursday, April 06, 2006

It's National Poetry Month, yins!

Well, the folks over at Semicolon are hosting this month's Carnival of Children's Blogging. The focus is (of course) poetry. Go visit, early and often--there's a link per day! (Sort of like a blog advent calendar, but not...)

This week is also National Library Week. The theme this year is pretty cool, methinks. Visit the ALA's site link, here: "National Library Week." American Library Association. 2005.http://www.ala.org/ala/pio/campaign/nlw/NLW.htm (Accessed 06 Apr, 2006)

Okay, so it's awkward, as I try to comply with linking policies, but deal with it! I'm trying!!

And since I own the copyright on material I've written, here's a link to my poetry, as found on the OD website. I didn't mean for the webmaster to cite me as "Sarah Louise" but it makes it easier for me to link it to yins, so hey, whateve.

Okay, I think it's time to consider bed, at least. I am longing for a comfort book, like "Eat Cake." The Mother Daughter book for this month is at best mediocre. It took me all of one hour (my dinner break) to read the whole thing.

Tootles!

3 comments:

Joke said...

I consider Kitchen Confidential a comfort book, but then again, I have been told I've a screw loose.

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

Haven't read that one yet...but it's got a great cover--I loved displaying it, back in my Fox Books days...

Sarah Louise said...

Okay, it's nice when something you do is successful, but...I read from Eat Cake for our library read-a-thon. Silly me for not checking it out on my card. Which fact I mentioned to my co-worker, who said, "I'll stay and listen to you read." (The crowds were--non-existant) But there was one woman sitting there, besides myself and my co-worker. When I finshed reading my piece, my co-worker offered my book to the library patron (who really was interested in it)!! What could I say? So I just went to Amazon and ordered a used hardcover...because if I love a book as much as I adore Eat Cake, I really should own a copy. But drat! What will I read for comfort until my Amazon order arrives? I have misplaced my copy of Something Borrowed...