Saturday, April 29, 2006

It's Alphabet time!

Swiped from Poppy, stolen from Everybody Knows, the Alphabet Meme: (and Joke's doing it too, if you're keeping a tally...)

Accent: I can do a Pittsburgh accent if I want to, but pretty much "plain American English."
Booze: Rum and coke, beer.
Chore I Hate: Taking the garbage cans to the curb Sunday nights.
Dog or Cat: I have no pets. (Interesting: Poppy and Joke both have sons with turtles...)
Essential Electronics: Computer, VCR, cell phone.
Favorite Perfume: Not really.
Gold or Silver: Silver.
Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Insomnia: When I'm stressed out. Cure: stick "You've Got Mail" in the VCR. It soothes me to sleep.
Job Title: Librarian, Children's (I do storytimes and buy CD-ROMS) and Cataloguing (I catalogue AV material and check Dewey numbers for books.)
Kids: one teddy bear, Marvin.
Living arrangements: 1 third floor walk-up garret. Stairwell, bathroom, two large rooms, one walk in closet, one non walk in closet. Me, myself and I, (and Marvin, the teddy bear.)
Most admirable traits: Really? I'm not feeling up for that one at the moment.
Number of sexual partners: A lady doesn't kiss and tell...
Overnight hospital stays: None in my memory. (I don't remember if I stayed over when I was born, but I probably did...)
Phobias: I don't think so...
Quote: "If you keep a green tree in your heart, perhaps the singing bird will come." (Chinese Proverb)
Religion: Christian. Denomination: Presbyterian, Movement: Emergent, Missional. I was Catholic for about 2 years. I'm a much better Presbyterian, so I returned to my roots.
Siblings: One sister, 24. One brother, 23. They are my joys. I'm ten years older. The "joys" part was not always true. But they are now two of my favorite people.
Time I wake up: 7:00 or so. Depending on my mood, I'll get up then or lollygag until 8 or almost 9 if its a particularly wretched morning.
Unusual talent or skill: Cunningly wrapped gifts.
Vegetables I love: Asparagus, sweet potatoes, potatoes, chocolate.
Worst habit: Procrastination.
X-rays: Well, I fell on my rear earlier this year. That warranted a trip to the radiologist.
Yummy foods I make: Quiche, potato salad (I use secret ingredients), Kielbasi and apples.
Zodiac sign: Sagittarius. We enjoy travel, are optimistic, cheer for the underdog, and I love this one: "are prepared to be rebellious." I don't read my horoscope, but I am often surprised at how often the traits described do indeed match my personality. However, there is a woman I know that shares my exact birthday and we are like night and day, so...with a grain of salt.

1 comment:

Erin said...

It's interesting to see this meme on different blogs, because some of the letters represent other question.

Now, about the potato salad... how tightly do you hold your secrets to your chest...?