Thursday, March 02, 2006

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

(Charles Dickens)
The month we will complain about when it comes, but some of its heat would be welcome right now...
See, it's like a rubix cube only not really...

********

Today was one of those days. All week I've been running, running, just trying to catch up to the something elusive that has been eluding me.

And today I was knocking down all those doors--making appointments to have my radiator looked at (no, there's no problem, just that elves seem to be drinking the coolant). My car guru checked my car three times and couldn't find a leak. I'm taking my car in to a real mechanic on Tuesday. Which is actually a half decent day for me to drop off my car b/c I don't work until 1pm--now I just have to arrange for transportation, which isn't hard, just pride-swallowing. I made a dentist appointment, I mailed the check for the parking ticket I got a week ago, and I ordered my new contact lenses.

Erica and I emailed back and forth about the ME calendar (pix above). It was fun b/c up til now we've only blogged, never emailed. :) I had no idea she had a business making clothing...if I had a little girl, I would buy her stuff!!

I haven't talked to Emily for more than a few minutes for way too long, so I was thrilled when my coat started ringing just as I walked towards it in the break room at work as I was getting ready to leave. We talked all the way home (and tearfully prayed.) It was good to just get some of that out. We finally said goodbye and I trudged up to my front porch, wrestled with the mail and my keys, kicked the door open. A package was sitting on the table inside the door. From my cousin Cindy Anne? I mean, I know she has some tax stuff I need, but this was like a cushy package. I came upstairs (to my third floor walk-up, yes) with my groceries, took off my coat, and got scissors to open the package. This is what the card said: "Sarah Louise, I found these gloves at the Rag Shop -- I thought of you -- I hope they're what you wanted. Cindy."

I cut open the bubble wrap and YES!! The gloves that have eluded me all winter!! I felt like the girl in the Amy Grant song, "In a little while." The lyrics are something like I got a ticket coming home, but then I saw your letter and it was to remind me that God loves me." It's pretty sappy, but hey, I'm a sucker for sappy songs, so there!

Okay, you can't see them well enough, but the gloves have grippy things. They're called Men's Grabber Gloves with Non-Stick Palms and I have been looking EVERYWHERE for them this year. They were everywhere last year and I have at least three pairs that all have holes in the fingertips. I feel like I've won the lottery!



My evening snack. And I am so excited, I just took a bunch of "window" pictures b/c that's what S&T is in two weeks, after we do "eyes." There's snow on my skylight and it is amazing the kind of photo you can get in a dark room with a flash. Wow. I had fun!!

And now it's time to turn in...

2 comments:

blackbird said...

and when I finally figure out that I need to SHUT OFF the flash, rather than just re-position myself, I merely succeed in SLOWING the flash -
it's a 40 minute process during which I end up seeing spots.
(the taking of photos through the skylight, for those not involved in our conversation)

Sarah Louise said...

Yeah, the flash. I think the only reason I experiment with my camera as much as I do is because of you, dear Blackb...because you ask me to take pictures of my skylight which I can't imagine would come out, but they do! Slowing the flash...I may have to break out ye olde owner's manual for that one...although I did figure out how to zoom on my own...