Friday, July 29, 2005

links galore

I have been emailing my friend with all sorts of finds from LISNews etc. this morning. I thought, silly me, why don't I just post them here!

Rex Librarian, a librarian with a vengeance...a new graphic comic.

What house would you put Laura Bush in, Pottermaniacs? This article put her in Hufflepuff.

We knew spam was bad for your health, but did you know it kills? This Russian learned the hard way...

Okay, so I just read an article about how blogs can get boring if you don't have a focus...which I think I'm suffering from...but this is for me, I don't want to focus...I just want an outlet...

Right now in the car I've taken a vacation from HP#6 for the weekend and am listening to an audio that I've had out way too long: Healing with your voice. I was intrigued but a bit spooked, and finally I thought, if it's too creepy, just eject it! It's pretty good, not spooky at all. So I got some Gregorian Chant from upstairs (where we keep our CDs) and am now listening to Abba Pater, the former Pope's album where he reads in many languages to the background of music. He sings too. It's fascinating.

I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow. I'm not sure (at the ripe age of 33) if I've ever been to one, as my retail then, librarian now Saturday schedules have kept me from attending...but this one is being held near where I work, so I'm going to take an extended lunch! I'm very excited.

Ciao for now...

1 comment:

BabelBabe said...

I thought you meant meat-Spam. that stuff'll kill you too.

I definitely see Laura Bush as a Hufflepuff.

And I worry about my blog too, not having a focus, but as you point out, it is an outlet. It's a bonus and pleasant surprise that people read mine, and I've made some new friends, but I am pretty sure I'd still keep writing even if they didn't read it. (This is not a test, you guys! Keep reading : ))So make yourself happy and keep writing!