Sunday, April 27, 2008

New things...

So I joined the twittering ranks...

And I just sent to draft a political post...I'm not ready to commit to that kind of writing. (Which was really just stringing a couple of quotes from newspaper columnists, and you deserve more than my uneducated rants...but GAH!!!!!!!!! Sally has a bumper sticker on her minivan: Where are we going? And why are we in this hand basket?)

The sumac tree has more foliage now than it did when I woke up this morning, I'm not kidding. And the maples are really full, WHEN did that happen?

I'm reading a biography of Helen Clay Frick, fascinating. (She was the daughter of Henry Clay Frick, one of the Pittsburgh multi-millionaires in the ranks with Carnegie, Mellon, etc.) The author is Helen's great granddaughter.

Lawn mowing noises fill the air...

It occurs to me, as I finally start to get rid of the flotsam and jetsam, that I've been hibernating. More on that later.

2 comments:

Caro said...

Politics, I rarely touch them, but agree with the handbasket sticker.

Holly said...

Ha, what a funny sticker.