Sunday, June 24, 2007

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

(John Denver)

...I hate to wake you up to say goodbye...

In one or two minutes Sis's alarm will go off. And then we'll be scrambling for showers and last minute additions to our suitcases (at least I will.)

The whole 3 oz. of liquid thing is such a pain!!

But for this last minute, I am free to write. This may be my last post for a week--or not. Both Dad and Sis have wireless enabled laptops.

Yes, I'll take lots of pictures. And I have Flat Stanley with me, I'll take a picture with him too (our library is posting pictures of FS for Summer Reading.)

Yesterday I visited Minnie. She's my Italian neighbor, about 80 years old. She's pretty much homebound. I try to visit her but I more than often forget. But I had miniature roses that I bought for myself when I was at Whole Foods--sometimes a girl just needs roses (pink of course) and the minis are like 4.99 a bunch. Anyways, they were still lovely and I wanted someone to enjoy them. So I took them to Minnie.

She is a dear heart. She is the only person I know where our conversations are almost only about "how is your family doing?" So I told her how Sis was on her way, and she remembered that the trip to Montana was for my dad's 65th. It was nice to not have to talk about work, and for once she didn't ask me (as she almost always does) to give the litany of who lives on the other floors of our house.

Last night I dreamt my car was stolen. I checked an online dream dictionary and a stolen car means a loss of identity. Hmmm...maybe I really need this vacation, to clear my head of work, and....other things. I also dreamed that the guy I crushed on (not the most recent one, a different one) someone told me he liked me. Oh, that's mature. Whatever!!

I will be taking the Mother/Child books with me to continue to think up questions. But I think my family will help me, and since Sis loved both Blueberries for Sal and Ramona and her Mother...

I think I'd better check on that alarm. Duquesne Light says: 7:36, current temp 57 degrees F.

Ciao!

Remember this one: Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)

5 comments:

Iamthebookworm said...

Have a great trip!!!

nutmeg said...

I'm here to catch up and your off on a trip! Well, have a great break SL :-)

Paula said...

I hope you have a good time SL!

Caterina said...

Safe travels. Hope you have a fantastic getaway.

Caterina said...

Safe travels. Hope you have a fantastic getaway.