Monday, April 09, 2007

Motivation...

So as soon as I discovered that my apartment is making me sneeze b/c I haven't dusted in...well, let's just say, a very very very very long time, I turned into a dusting queen. I have organized my videos into regular movies and taped TV. Ugh. I have a lot of taped TV. The stuff I want to keep is any episodes I might have of Cosby. Not The Cosby Show, where Bill is Dr. Huxtable, but Cosby, where he plays (still married to Phylicia Rashad) Hilton Lucas. Oh how I love this show. It played on some network for 4 years and I didn't understand it then. But when I lived in Virginia with the folks, it was syndicated and came on around dinner and all of a sudden it was my motivation through the day. I'm telling you, the minute they make this into DVDs (nothing in the works, *sigh*) I'm buying all four seasons.

Doug E. Doug (Cool Runnings) plays the annoying neighbor and he is the best. Madeline Kahn plays Rashad's business partner and is amazing. She actually died while the show was on, and so there is a special episode where the actors (out of character) sit around and talk about what a great lady she was.

My apartment is so mired with clutter that it doesn't look like I made a lot of progress tonight, but believe me, I made a lot of progress. And now, I think it is time to go read or relax so I can get to sleep. Last night one o'clock came and went and I was oblivious, so hard at work de-cluttering was I. (Well, a few games of Free Cell, too...)

Oh, and all this whilst watching Disc 1 of Season 1 of Friends.

"So you want to tell us now or are we waiting for four wet bridesmaids?"



About half of my real movies collection. Don't they look nice? I wonder how long they'll stay this way...

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh, why did you have to mention dust? I've been successfully ignoring a thick layer of it around here, and now, suddenly, I'm uncomfortably aware of it--along with the grunge beneath the burners on the stove and the schmutz encrusting the faucet handles on the sink.

Sigh.

Sarah Louise said...

Sorry, K. It's the sneezing that has got to stop...

I didn't say any other cleaning was happening though...

or that I've finished my taxes (I haven't...)

KitchenKiki said...

Taxes have been 98% finished for a while--needed the info for The Boy's financial aid application, just waiting for Hubby-Poo to have them reviewed by his accountant/ex-wife. Guess he better do that NOW!

I'm still not sure I understand this concept of dusting. Is it like when they say there is a dusting of snow (like this weekend) and a new layer is added? I have enough dust, why would I want to add dust? If you would like me to send you some I'd be happy to!

I was ambitious on Saturday around the house, then I went to SC for the holiday & haven't gotten back in the groove. Glad you are on an organizational groove, I love (and miss) that feeling of accomplishment when the piles get consolidated and organized!