Thursday, June 09, 2005

Who is Sarah Louise?

Sarah Louise is a pseudonym because I don't want someone to google me and get my blog as the first entry. I think a little anonymity isn't such a bad thing. Sara Louise Bradford is one of my favorite literary characters, the protagonist of Katherine Paterson's book, Jacob Have I Loved. The month before I started this blog, I must have listened to the audio book 10 times. (It's abridged on two tapes and my daily commute is total 1 hr.) Moira Kelly does the reading and I think she is brilliant. I didn't realize I had added the h at the end of Sara until later. I'm not going to change it--I like the h, and it distinguishes me from the fictional character. Clearly I am not her, but I like her spunk and there are parts of her that are very like me and parts of her that I'd like to emulate and parts that I would not (like to emulate).

Tonight I had a discussion about all sorts of things that led to the topic of Liz Claiborne being a Satanist. Rest easy, it's all lies. Phew, I love her styles! I swear, I can spot a LC dress or jeans a mile away at any local Goodwill. I am ever grateful for the Internet and sources such as Snopes.com to dispell urban myths. The one about rice being bad for birds is a myth too. It's really just bad for Aunt Edna who slips on the slippery stuff.

Today was a crazy day--but I have to say, It's over! I'm going to curl up with my latest favorite Chick Lit, The Solomon Sisters Wise Up, and go to bed!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

I clicked over from Behind the Stove by babelbabe et al because my mom's name is Sarah Louise, and I thought it was strange to find her in the blogosphere. Besides... what's the liklihood that both my mom (if she was that internet-savvy) and I to find the same obscure blog? Or that my mom would take any interest in it at all?

Sorry to ramble, glad to see that you *aren't* my mom. And that babelbabe has more than 3 readers.