Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Je n'ais ce pas!

Did I even say that right? (French translation: I don't know) I keep trying to define what this blog is...I haven't really talked about pink shoes or pocket books yet...right now I'm im-ing with my brother, one of my top favorite people. He knows more about music than anyone I know, yet he doesn't know how to change a string on his guitar. Fifteen bucks is cheaper than a 35 dollar air filter, so I need to pluck the log out of my eye before I point at the twig in his...He hates Runaway Bride, the movie I just spent the evening watching. It's on his list of worst chick flicks, right up there with the Bachelor with Chris O'Donnell--which I'll trust him on, it sounded yuck. I loved COD in Cookie's Fortune--a great movie!!!! My brother is moving to Austin, where they have great music and a great Latin American Studies program. My brother knows little known music facts like who the New York Dolls are, and what bands were influenced by them (Guns N Roses). He loves the Ramones and is always tripping me up with bands like Yo La Tengo (me: is this Lou Reed? him: no it's yo la tengo singing a Lou Reed song me: right!)

Today I did my mother goose program at the library. it's for 6-24 mos and their parents/caregivers. I do nursery rhymes (old mother goose when she wanted to wander, would fly through the air on a very fine gander), songs (row row row your boat), and finger plays (brow binker, eye winker, cheeks cherry, mouth merry, gully gully gully). It's a good program, we have fun. I also checked in a ton of new cd-roms. The ones I want to try are the Nancy Drew ones. But for the young ones, we now have more Dora and Caillou.

Today I also made quiche. For this I need 4 eggs: I had one! Trip to Giant Eagle (some people (well once in college) call it the Big Bird)--fill in Piggly Wiggly or Harris Teeter. Aren't grocery store names fun? I think Piggly-Wiggly is the best name ever.

Okay, so mark this as most boring post ever, but I just wanted to shout out (ouch). Thank goodness for links--the mother goose one is a good one, if i may say so myself (and i do--coz this is my blog--defining itself day by day...)

maybe next time i'll tell you why i'm sarah louise...

1 comment:

BabelBabe said...

I wondered. Am I allowed to refer to you by your real name?

And I didn't think it was boring. Sometimes the eclectic blog entry -what my friend David entitles the "ellipses" entries - are the best. But maybe I only think that 'cause most of my own blog entries tend that way...

Je ne sais pas...