Saturday, November 27, 2021

Friends are friends forever...if the Lord is the Lord of them

(Michael W. Smith) 


But what of those friends who don't know God? Those prodigal friends who come in and out of your life, begging you to lash back when they lash out? She has dumped me again. 


It hurts, because she says words that aren't true, and I cry. Do I let her worm her way back in again? I guess I'll have to see. 


But for now, I have unfollowed her on Facebook (which seems so final) and stopped following her on Instagram. 


Is all this making room for other friends? I've started dating this week. We'll see if he passes muster when l finally meet him in person TODAY. We met on Match.com, and all week have been talking on the phone. 


It took me a while to fall asleep last night, I got up and demolished a bag of nacho chips. Jane (the Virgin, my favorite show) wasn't putting me to sleep so I put on my Girl from Ipanema station on Pandora. I fell asleep quickly after that. (The Benadryl probably helped.) 


Today is busy. I have a show for my side hustle, at 11. I have more cleaning to do, probably. And at 3, I meet my Frenchman. (Yes, he's really from France.) 


As a bipolar woman, I have to watch myself. Romantic relationships can trigger mania. 


Tomorrow I turn 50!! 


It's now my regular wake up time. I have been awake for an hour. It was some bad sleep math, I only got 6 hours of sleep. I thrive on 8 or 9.


But yesterday was a lot. Joy and pain, like sunshine and rain. 


No comments: