Thursday, October 14, 2021

The blankiest of blankest pages -- UGH

Since I wrote the title, I have eaten breakfast and taken morning meds. I still feel pretty blank. We're experimenting with Ritalin (fun times!) and so far my experiment (not sanctioned by doctor) of 2 Ritalin was good for attention but crap for sleep. 1.5 Ritalin doesn't seem to do anything. I'm back to drinking leaded coffee instead of half caff. 


In my boredom, a match came up on Match, so I'm exchanging texts. 


Wow, yeah, boredom. Ennui.


I went to Pittsburgh this weekend! And I was so thrilled to go, so thrilled to be there. So I wonder if this blah is the "what goes up must come down" syndrome. 


Going to Pittsburgh is multi-faceted--I love the open road (mostly). (I mean, we all hate bad drivers.) Trucks I can live with, I mean, we NEED trucks. I hate having to rush. I learned this time around that after dark I need to take breaks or it gets dangerous. If I take breaks, I'm good. So I didn't get home until LATE on Sunday. Oh well. At least I didn't feel at any point like I was going to crash. (I had some moments Friday night because my eyes and too much dark for too long...getting OLD.) 


What else? I have ordered a book from a woman who calls her company "Struggle Care." It's all about taking care of your environment and yourself when you feel like crawling back into bed. Stay tuned. 


On the way to Pittsburgh I visited my friend C. She is my only childhood friend--we've known each other since I was in 5th grade. We clash on some issues but mainly agree to disagree because we love each other. It's nice to have a friend like that. WHY DID SHE HAVE TO MOVE AN HOUR AWAY? She lives in West Virginia right now, so we explored Harper's Ferry. 


In Pittsburgh, I went on a walk at my beloved reservoir with my friend Eric. I was in Sue and Eric's wedding 25 years ago!!! Time flies. They have 2 kids at home, 2 out in the world. C is non-binary, so that was new to me, working around "they" as a pronoun. But C has really blossomed since the last time I saw them, pre-pandemic. So that's awesome. My friend Sally and I went to the free pictures at the Frick Art museum. Mostly from the 1400s. (right?!) I don't do art very often with friends, but I always see something new when I do. 


Went to the Open Door on Sunday. The new co-pastor is amazing! She preached on Job, it was amazing! I will link the sermon if possible. (Sometimes they put sermons in their podcast.) I think I took notes...okay, here they are: "Remember that there will be better days." "A God who has been there the whole time." Not a lot to go on, but it was LIT. 


In the afternoon, I learned how Sally's son B is doing (he told me!!) I mean, when a young person just says, hey, this is my life, that is SO SPECIAL. Then I had lunch with an old coworker and found out that my old POW (place of work, not prisoner of war) is under a regime worse than Dolores Umbridge. Yikes. In other news, I have decided to stay where I am, (aka I cancelled next week's interview) because starting over makes me want to hurl and doesn't make sense financially. I have it pretty good. 


Well, I have to leave soon-ish. 


MTC,

Sary Lou


2 comments:

Helen said...

Good morning! (It's actually night time here.)
Just out of the blue I decided to check your blog tonight. Hey there! Glad you are writing again! ~~Helen

Sarah Louise said...

Thanks!