Friday, August 09, 2013

Twitter jail can be a good thing...

Until this afternoon, I had no idea who Hugo Schwyzer was. But I immediately recognized the anguish as I read a little bit of his Twitter feed today. Bipolar disorder is real. It is also highly treatable, but it often takes forever to get diagnosed. So in the middle, you can screw up a lot of things. But recovery is real. My life and the lives of many others are a testament that medications and therapy work.

I did a little research, and found this great quote from Sinead O'Connor, talking to Oprah about her experience with bipolar disorder: "Anything is an improvement when you've been in desolation, but it doesn't mean you don't have lumps & bumps."

Hugo's last tweet shows that he is moving in the right direction:

"I'm going to be giving my laptop to my family tonight so I can more effectively stay offline."

Best of luck, Hugo. It sounds like you have hurt a lot of people, but it also sounds like you are moving towards a healthier place. 




No comments: