Sunday, June 10, 2012

It takes 15 minutes to destroy a house. It takes 6 days to put one up....


 ducks at work. you can tell we are waiting for a book order by how empty the shelves are.


 Um, how will the next level attach to this SMOOTH surface? 


 Seriously, it's a SMOOTH SURFACE.  But oh, look pretty rose bushes.


 Yes, this is supposed to be the next story on this building...


 OH! Ye of little faith, there is more than one way to skin a cat 
(or attach a story to the next story of a Lego building)


 Look Ma! Architectural integrity!! Oh, and check out the WORKING see-saw.


 This is how the roof attaches...


 Dormer window!


 Finished!!






 Side angle.

So. I have now finished all of the Lego houses that I have instructions for in this particular kit. Every time I demolish a house, I feel like Penelope destroying the weaving from the day before. Penelope, the wife of Odysseus, who fended off suitors while her husband was on his way home from (where did he go?). I think I'll start back with the first house. There is a new set, a beach house, but Mama does not have $50 to just throw at a new Lego kit. Tomorrow I take my car in for a new serpentine belt.

No comments: