Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes, yes we can.

More to come. But for now, the thought that has come that yesterday, working as a poll worker in the city of Pittsburgh, yesterday I was both the obstetrician and the nervous pacing father and the screaming mother as I helped my fellow citizens give birth to the vote of the 44th president, Barack Hussein Obama.

But for now, I need to get dressed (oh, and eat breakfast) and sing songs to some 80 children and parents.

I'm taking the afternoon off (hopefully taking both Sally and Marian the Librarian to lunch first) and to work on (gah!) the latest resume/cover letter.

"If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog. --Harry Truman." (Tim Russert's wife on the Today show right now.)

Gee, do I have to turn the TV off? Thank you, Lord, for NPR. I am so glad that I can now listen to the radio with hope and no more political ads, woo hoo!

I promise a real post this afternoon, including a link to the speech Obama referenced (Lincoln's first inagural.) I have no time to link now.

Mwah! And I mean that, to my readers on both sides of the aisle. Let's be the dream, not a red, or a blue, but a United States of America.

...and I'm outta here! (image of Dennis Miller, SNL Weekend Update style.)

2 comments:

KitchenKiki said...

There was an election? Why didn't anyone tell me.

(kidding, I did my part)

Sarah Louise said...

that was so funny I forgot to laugh (actually, it was my first guffaw of the morning, and I am grateful.)

xo,

SL