Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pleasant words are like a honeycomb...

(Proverbs 16:24)

It's amazing what joining a small group (women's Bible study) has done for me. I've been to a Pirate's game, attended part of a murder mystery party, and by not going on Monday, someone wrote on my FB wall saying, "we missed you." And someone else got me on G-chat just as I was shutting my computer off at work last night. And my picture has been featured in two FB albums (and I have pictures I have to post...)

And as I bite my nails over the latest "what if?," another opportunity, which looks pretty good too, shows up. I think the universe is telling me to lighten up.

And if all else fails, starting in September, I'll up my work hours to 40/week (from a current 35) and that will be my car payment. I talk to Dad tonight.

On my walk, I realized I still am such a baby blogger. I'm still trying to figure out who I am, where I am, and what this blog is.

But hey, look at the time! If I'm getting a shower, I gotta go.

More better writing later, I promise. Oooh, and maybe pictures. Kiki and I are neck to neck on kitchen beautifying. I have the easier task (do the dishes). She's painting hers. Oi.

Have just started Love me Tender. Really gotta go now.

****

Thanks to Helen, here is another post about using [pleasant] words, by Susan Estrich. I especially like this bit: As my friend Jack used to say, 90 percent of life is just showing up. In hard times, it's probably closer to 99 percent.

4 comments:

Helen said...

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."

Thanks for that. I just read Susan Estrich's column today and it hit home too. We all need to reach out to others. Hope your day is terrific.

Sarah Louise said...

Thanks, Helen. And I just discovered Susan E, and linked her.

Hope your day is terrific too.

xo,

SL

Holly said...

Small groups can be so wonderful.

I like those words of Jack's, though my natural inclination is to choose not showing up over having nothing to say...:/

Sarah Louise said...

That's the point. We have to fight our NATURAL inclination to not show up, because that is often (though with some friends, not always) when we are needed most.