Thursday, June 29, 2006

more small moments (a very short and rather pedestrian post)

Life is hard, but good.

Walking from work to my car (parked in the shade), talking to my mom on the cell. (She won't let me drive and talk, so I sat in the parking lot for a bit.)

Going to dinner with some OD folk (that would be Open Door, not overdosed). One beer was all I needed...I left at 8:30 and was asleep by 9:30pm. The food was paella and divine!

Thinking about how I could make a mini-trip home...since the mountain can't come to Mohammed...(the 'rents usually come up for July 4th but can't, and I have a window of time where I *could* go down there for a few days...next weekend.)

And this weekend will be full of fun, egads!

This was the quote that hit me today, as I continue to read Phillip Yancey:

"To live in the past and the future is easy. To live in the present is like threading a needle." (Walker Percy)

Which, threading a needle isn't so hard if you're paying attention. Unless, of course, you happen to be Tom Sawyer...

I'm listening to Hoot on audio again. Oh, I highly recommend it! Chad Lowe is an amazing reader!

And soon, I promise, I'll write on Patricia MacLachlan. Pinky swear.

Today's challenge: to see if I want to do some Japanese story thing with my Mother Goose crowd or just find a copy of When the Relatives Came (by C. Rylant.) Joke thinks I should challenge myself--I'm feeling stretched beyond belief, but WE'LL SEE. Stay tuned.

Oh, and Joke also recommends Veggie Tales. That's some advice I will most certainly be taking!!!

5 comments:

Caterina said...

I like that Walker Percy quote. Mind if I use it? And paella, deelish!

Sarah Louise said...

go for it! it made me think of erica, wonder why?

Joke said...

Paella and VeggieTales I could get totally behind.

-J.

sara said...

I love that quote...I need to have it tattooed on me somewhere.

MsCellania said...

I like Veggie Tales, they are clever. The boys don't like it so much.

I may have to have some paella soon. Haven't had any for a long time, and have never made it - outside of cooking school.

Hope you have a great weekend, SL! It's going to be eat, eat, eat around here. My parents got their new Meile appliances installed. A STEAM OVEN! I can't wait to see how things turn out.

And I love your small moments! What a luxury to have some!