Friday, June 23, 2006

Sarah Louise breaks this run of doldrums...with blog things!

So as you can see, I'm feeling better. I hit traffic and laughed, because my Anne Tyler audio book was hysterical at that moment. (Back when we were grownups, read by Blair Brown, whom I adore.)

(Aside: can you believe that my 24 year old sister doesn't know who Blair Brown is? This new generation, I tell you.)

One of my co-workers made Rice Krispy treats (yes, another Sally!) and we are all eating them...and wondering why we don't make them more often. My excuse: I don't have marshmellows at home. Hmm. Now that I have both peanut butter AND jelly, marshmallows (what is the correct spelling?) seems next on the pantry list...

I feel like writing a letter to Anne Tyler. She is truly one of my top favorite adult writers. (I think she is #1, followed by (is it a list???)

Top 5 Adult Writers, as rated by Sarah Louise
  1. Anne Tyler
  2. Jane Austen (I own four copies of Persuasion...)
  3. Sue Miller
  4. Jane Smiley
  5. Meg Cabot

Also-rans: Elinor Lipman (vintage), Emily Giffin (I have a feeling Baby Proof is not going to be as stellar as the Something books), Elizabeth Berg (who has a hit or miss style), Jill Davis (has she written anything besides Girl's Poker Night??) and I'm sure there's someone I've left off...oh, Jay McInerney, for Bright Lights, Big City. I don't think I've read his others...

TTFN (I had to explain this one to my 23 year old brother: Ta Ta For Now.) (Those kids these days...)

2 comments:

Paula said...

I'm glad you're feeling better:).

Wow, my oldest son is a year older than your brother!

Caro said...

Rice Krispie treats sound heavenly right now.