Monday, June 12, 2006

Bloggers Block...

Or is it? My life is so convoluted right now that I'm not sure I want to put it "out there."

but I will say this: I CHANGED MY FIRST TIRE! (Yes, I got a flat just as I pulled up to church last evening.)

I am a very geographic person. That is to say, I have places I go when I need comfort. I have special "sitting places." One right now is an abandoned tennis court. I got up early and knew I had to go and sit there. I had music on my cd player and I sat and watched the birds and sat amazed at how much grows through the cracks in the tennis court floor. People may have abandoned this place, or come only to drink ice tea and leave their empty cans, but the grass and the weeds are almost pretty. Today was the first time I saw a broom. So I swept some broken glass aside. There's a trailer at the edge of the court, and I sit on the wooden steps. I walked around and wondered at the new leaves on the weeds that are growing strong. Some leaves were in that curled up not quite ready to be leaves yet stage, green green green, as I described it to a friend.

If weeds in an abandoned tennis court can be almost pretty, maybe there's hope for me and my unplowed ground.

Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers righteousness on you.

Hosea 10:12

2 comments:

lazy cow said...

I'm impressed. Changing a tyre is such a grown-up thing to do (something, of course, I have never done).
I used to have my secret spots to go to before I had children. Now, sadly, I shut the bathroom door if I need to think.

Caro said...

You changed a tire!

I've never done that.

You rock!