Thursday, June 08, 2006

He sent me plastic roses, the kind that never fade...

(The Chenille Sisters)

My garden is an indoor one. And made of silk flowers. I used to save dead roses, but now I just have a few dried rose petals.

Sally actually used silk flowers for the floral arrangements in her wedding. I used to have the bouquet that was mine, but at some point it, too, went to Goodwill.

I have picked these up over the years, mainly at Goodwill, for 50 cents or a dollar.


My favorite are the red tulips with faux dew drops, mainly because they were a gift from Sally, who knows I love red tulips.
The ones in the window can be seen from the street if you look up to my third floor apartment.


I also love those pens that have silk flowers at the ends and are wrapped in green tape. I am *such* a girl.

Show and tell, courtesy of Blackbird.

6 comments:

Paula said...

I made one of those pens! I put a ribbon rose on top. When the ink runs out you can just pull out the ink thing-y and slide another one in. Mine is a bic stic (their spelling, not mine!).

blackbird said...

I like those tulips!

Paula said...

Oh and I forgot to mention, I like you new shoe picture!

alyssa said...

You need to check out the pics I posted at my blog tonight. You'll like the second one :)

Caro said...

I love the pens too and the lovely mantel.

I hope you got good news today.

MsCellania said...

Did you hear anything?

I like your flowers. They do make a place more cheery. And we all need More Cheery.