Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Lilies of the valley mark my garden wall... (updated)


Well, they are morning glories and this is not my garden wall, but a fence along my morning walk. But I really want to keep posting pix, so I AM!

My new schedule is rigorous--I now work split Tuesdays and Thursdays,* but it means that I work in both depts. on Tuesdays--I always felt behind when I started in Children's on Wednesday, often the first order of business was prepping for the Mother Goose storytime.

And tonight was the last Beth Moore Breaking Free study meeting. I have a few videos to catch up on, but my Wednesday evenings are my own once more (when you work Tues/Thurs eves, it's a lot to be out Wednesday night too!) Morning Women's Bible Study starts up next Tuesday. This upcoming Tuesday is the breakfast. I'm taking muffins.

Okay, to bed.

Oh, but WOW! I leave the blogosphere for a few weeks and Eliza Jane/Amy has moved to Michigan, Newlywed is about to pop her baby, and all the chilluns are back in school!
____
*split between the two depts I work for: Tech Serv, where I catalogue, etc, and Children's, where I run programs, and other stuff. So I work, say, from 1-5 in one dept, have dinner, and then work 6-9 in the other.

(So I don't actually work a split shift, just the day is split between two departments within one actual shift.)

3 comments:

Amy A. said...

pretty flowers!

Splits are hard. I work one and thought, no prob... but I'm finding it a challenge.

I love working in my library.

Welcome back

Sarah Louise said...

Thanks!

The thing about splits is having to please two different bosses on the same day. Having to remember two different passwords to get into the computer, to get into the network. But I find on my days that aren't split, I always find a reason to "visit" (and sometimes work) in the other dept, if only for 5 minutes. Because I love BOTH my jobs. But after awhile, each one becomes the job I don't like as much as the other one. (I guess it's that whole serving two masters thing...)

It's good to BE back.

Sarah Louise said...

somehow I saved as draft when I updated this in the morning...