Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Waiting for Godot...



To your left, a picture of me and cousin Katie. She and a co-worker had to come to the 'Burgh last fall for a training session, so I met them for the tail end of their dinner at Majorca (misspelled I'm sure) this really cool Spanish restaurant on the South Side. I found it while I was sitting in my "thinking chair." You can barely tell in the picture at the size it is, but I'm wearing a sweater of Granny's, our grandmother who died when I was ten. It's pink (of course) and one of my favorites. It is a really nice cardigan. I'll get a better picture of it someday. Anyways, I thought it would perk up this post.

Singing "If you're happy & you know it" and "The more we get together" this morning to my Mother Goose kids and parents was great therapy. Now I just have to get through the rest of this day....

Here's a quote from Katherine Mansfield, a favorite author of my mom's:

I always felt that the great high privelege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing.

I hate fall...bring on the snow and subzero temps. Give me something to turn the heat up for!

Babelbabe, you do not have the market cornered on lame posts. I'd sack this one, but what would my adoring audience have to read?

5 comments:

BabelBabe said...

maybe taz tonight? i'll call you after james' feeding at around 8. if not tonight, this weekend...

Joke said...

Y'know...there are a lot of alleged pink things in this blog, but I have yet to see something unambiguously pink.

-J.

Sarah Louise said...

Um, the layout isn't bubble gum enough for you? Do you have any suggestions of what you would like to see?

Joke said...

I need to see whatever it is you say you are wearing that is allegedly pink.

If you say you are wearing a pink hat, then, by golly, show the blasted hat and make sure it's pink. The meeting of your fan club could tear apart in bitter dissent otherwise.

-J.

BabelBabe said...

joke is the king of sartorial matters, after all...