Sunday, October 16, 2005

Chaos is not a mess...


[Warning: if you hate posts where people meander all over the place, discuss their personal life and use words like "shout out," you'll have to wait for tomorrow, when I *really* will post on the movie Elizabethtown.]

[Note: the picture to the left is of my sister. I haven't figured out how to put pictures in so they are next to the text they refer to. Hey, it's a work in progress! But isn't she gorgeous?]

Chaos is not a mess, but rather it is the primal state of pure energy to which the person returns for every true beginning.

*sigh* Don't you wish Einstein said that? It was a shrink who wrote a book. "Making Sense of Life's Changes." His name? "William Bridges." Do you think shrinks take pen names, just like Marilyn did? I'm sorry, no one will buy your books, Norma Jean Uncunterton, how about Willa Bridges? That sounds so much more...therapeutic. Gag me. (When was the last time you heard someone actually say "Gag me with a spoon" or "Knarly, dude") I'm sorry, it's Sunday morning and I am blogging and (starved, actually)...(pause while I look in my fridge). I'm back, chewing on a piece of string mozarella cheese and having decided that I'm going to Tazza D'oro to spend my last $5 (darn employers haven't deposited my paycheck...it's called "in-direct deposit": we pay you sometime around pay day and it goes into the bank directly. Why don't I just get the check and cash it? Because my mother (yes, I'm almost 34) says, "It's one more slip of paper to lose" and it's true, I am sometimes out of town on pay day and wouldn't that be the one time...I got spoiled, working for Fox Books--we got paid every week (every week!) and it went in on Thursday around midnight. Yes, it was Direct Deposit!! But these days, my check would get into my account FASTER if I took the check to the bank!! Okay, so this obviously deserves more thought (ain't writing great?) but I'll think about it in Word, not in my blog. Note to self: write more about bank!

So where was I? Oh yes, talking about shrinks and pen names. I'm actually enjoying David Allen's book, Ready for Everything, which was spoofed in Unshelved a few weeks ago. I didn't remember it was spoofed until I was already listening to it in the car and had gotten the book on ILL (Inter-Library Loan, for you non-librarian types.) Okay, I'm a dweeb: I just left a comment on David Allen's blog. And here's another link about drinking coffee and tax deductions.

A few shout out's (who is it that hates that word? My brother, I think, who hasn't admitted yet to reading this regularly):
My sister (my baby sister, who is actually 23) is reading my blog and is proud of me that I'm cleaning my apartment in prep for the U2 concert.
Babelbabe, who after a long hiatus (she had a baby boy!) has commented on my blog again (I feel so loved! Shall I do the Sally Fields' dance now? You like me, You really like me!!)

Okay, so this is how you spend the Lord's day when you are not watching young children in the nursery? Ahhhh...now, shall I walk to Tazza or drive? Relax, church is at 6:00, followed by Tony Jones, whom everyone seems to think is cool in an emergent sort of way. I'll reserve comments until after I've posted on Elizabethtown.

I think they'll serve me brunch now. It's 10:02. Tomatoes on a croissant covered in cheese, here I come!!

Here's your quote for the day (and yes, it is from the Bible):

Psalm 107: God, a refuge in every danger: Alleluia! Give thanks to Yahweh for he is good, his faithful love lasts forever.

1 comment:

BabelBabe said...

You're so silly. Of course I like you. But since you actually can use the bathroom by yourself : ) you don't demand nearly as much attention...

i just got your email about Taz -- about 6 hours too late. i could have gone for one of their ham and asiago croissants...