Tuesday, August 02, 2005

word to the wise

Okay, I admit it, I am a magazine addict. If you were to visit my third floor walkup (though in August, you'd be pretty daft), you would find issues of InStyle, Interview, Real Simple, Budget Living, Money, und so weita (German for and so on). But I get too much junk mail. (Including magazines I don't read.) So yesterday I attempted to stop these mags (and hopefully get a refund?). Well, I think I have succeeded at a) but failed at b). Don't subscribe to magazines except through the magazine unless you want to talk to a inane electronic woman who has 2 different phone numbers (at least.) I don't even know how all my magazines got the same acct number, because I did not order them at the same time from the same company. (Or so I thought...) Anyways, it was a mini-nightmare, but I think I will be getting less mail. Now I need to tackle the guys who think I live in Apt #33. (As if you could fit even one more apartment in this old house.) I need to send an email or something to the powers that be that run the mail racket. I have to say, getting caller ID has saved me so much agony--I used to be at the beck and call of telemarketers because...ah, the phone ringing! It must be Ed McMahon with my million dollars, or that cute guy down the street wanting a date on Saturday night. Instead, when the phone rings and I'm at home, I pick it up, and if I see "unknown caller," I just wait to see if they leave a message! It is a wonderful thing!! Ugh, it's getting to be 9:20. I better eat something, shower, and off to work. Today when I went on my walk, at the edge of the trees, I came into a field and I felt the heat. Ugh. I was so glad when I reached my air conditioned walk-up oasis. I'm ready for fall..."If I knew your name and where you lived, I would send you a bouquet (bewqay) of sharpened pencils..." (Tom Hanks, You've Got Mail). I'm soon ready to unveil a picture of sorts...I like Gina and BabelBabe's solutions...

No comments: