Friday, August 05, 2005

more LIS news stuff

Hey, what's a blogging librarian to do? Nancy Pearl has her own action figure, but what about Barbie as a librarian? We've been voting for years on this...here are the lastest figures.

Bikers into Bookers? read all about it, here! (And no, it's not the prestigious British book award, which is what got me to open the link...)

Speaking of links, here's something I've noticed that has changed my searching habits. When I am looking for a corporate website, Google rarely gives you the link on the first page (if ever). Vivisimo.com has a great thing called "Clusty" which clumps the results and gives you an index of the sites found. I have found this a much easier way to find corporate websites.

From boing boing, a library worker who is collecting "unfortunate" books. Let me know what you think...at least one of these is a Reading Rainbow book (Tight Times); a few are well known fairy tales/legends...his collection is not exactly uniform...and I'm not sure what his point is. "A First Book on Salt" and "I am a Jew" have the flavor of 100 worst album covers, but others just look like the illustrations are out of style or the titles are humorous. I think there needs to be commentary, as to why he thinks they are unfortunate.

This is kind of cool, too, a tool to see who's linking to you, or how many people are. It's called Tooldigger and it's from Fred...on something.

Well, my time is drawing nigh...so I must bid you adieu.

No comments: