Friday, August 05, 2005

Meg Cabot rocks

Okay, I did say (was it on Babelbabe's blog) that I was getting tired of Chick Lit (gasp!) but then the newest Meg Cabot book came to my "in" box at work. I love her because her books are not straight text but also include "shots" of store reciepts, airline tickets, emails, faxes...and there are usually 5 characters all talking to each other via email/blackberry/passing notes (on the plane, as you can't use electronic devices). I was reading Every Boy's Got One at lunch and laughed out loud.

I'm listening to Harry Potter and the 1/2 blood Prince in the car...I am retaining so much more than when I breezed through the book last week in 2 days. JKR has such a great sense of humor--and the books seem more like mysteries than straight fantasy/sci-fi. (The kids are always trying to find out who's up to what...kind of like Scooby Doo.)

No comments: