Saturday, July 09, 2005

Saturday

Monday's child is fair of face...Thursday's child has far to go...Saturday's child has to work for his living, and the child that is born on the Sabbath day is bonny and blythe, good and gay.
--childhood rhyme

Now, except for the fact that gay means happy, not sexual orientation, I am a Sunday's child. These days I feel like a Saturday's child: I am working every day!! And I'm having a mini-pre-midlife crisis: what does it mean to be a single Christian librarian in Pittsburgh with 3 pairs of pink sneakers and many pocket books? What does it mean to live in the tsunami wreckage that is my apartment? What does it mean that I take an hour to get out of bed, even when my bladder is what wakes me up?

Churchill (as in Winston) called them black dog days. Well, I'm sick and tired of them!! But I just realized I have not "done my homework," i.e. written up the programs I visited at ALA. So I'll post that now.

No comments: