Monday, July 11, 2005

crazy crazy crazy

Okay, so corporate mergers and change is sometimes good--but when you are searching for 5 minutes on the FexEx Kinkos site for "Find a store near you" there's something wrong with the web design. Argh. Then, on the way up my steps, fumble in the dark for the keys, while balancing my copies (2 large size rolled copies), my Cherry Coke, and my wallet I fell flat on my front on my front porch. Luckily, my neighbors were there to witness the humiliating moment. So now, along with all the shaving band-aids on my leg, I have 5 more for falling against my cement porch. Fun. So now I am home, and I have to affix street names to my map of the 71A corridor (bus route here in the East End of Pittsburgh) and I am grumpy. I am not "feeling Froggy" as Keith Urban belts out "As days go by." I took my young friend to the library today. He is four, and obsessed with race cars. The librarian provided us with two great books, whose names escape me, one was non-fiction and showed pictures of stock cars as opposed to Indy's and Formula Ones and Karts. My young friend really liked the soap box derbies. The other book is a take off on the song "The Wheels on the Bus" but is race track oriented. Then we went to visit my waitress friend, and she was so glad to see my young friend (whom she'd not seen in years) that she comped us two one scoop bowls of chocolate ice cream! All in all, not a bad day! Then I went back to my friend's house, got an invite for dinner (french toast) and after dinner acquired a pot and potting dirt for my newly acquired tomato plant. Friends are great, what can I say?

Favorite Froggy songs: "Picking Wildflowers," "Nothing to Lose" (Josh Gracin), and Reba's new one about sisters.

Yes, I listen to country, but I listen just as often to independent public radio like WYEP, a true Pittsburgh treasure.

Here's me, signing off (singing off?)--gotta finish the map!!

1 comment:

BabelBabe said...

hey sorry i didn't get back to you. as it turns out we had no dirt.

("Yes, we have no dirt! We have no dirt today!")