Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday--Thankfully!!

Reasons I'm thankful it's Friday:

  1. Payday: As my father always said, I've never had a bad pay day!
  2. Lunch with my friend at Adzema's Pharmacy (I love the fact that there still are drugstore lunch counters here in da Burgh)
  3. My last Friday working 9-5 (after Labor Day it's 10-6)
  4. Did I mention pay day?
  5. Okay, this is a boring list.

3 things in my fridge:

  1. bones from my chicken casserole (it was better than putting them in the trash before vacation)
  2. old milk and new milk (see above note on vacation)
  3. tapioca pudding (a great comfort food.)

3 Audio items I'm listening to these days:

  1. Kutless: Strong Tower (a great praise CD, with songs like Come, Jesus, Come, and Better is One Day. My favorite is "Take me in.")
  2. The audio book of Crooked Little Heart by Anne Lamott
  3. A mix tape I made of folk music back in college. Favorite song: Chained to these loving arms by Patty Larkin

2 movies I've seen this week and 1 I intend to see on Labor Day:

  1. You've Got Mail: are you surprised? i should rename this blog you've got a blog!
  2. Sleepless in Seattle: I was surprised at the similarities between the two Ryan/Hanks movies--I could write a posting but I think I'd put yins to sleep. (ha ha, sleepless, get it?)
  3. Broken Flowers--the website for this is sooooo cool, sort of like a video game. BJ described it as a mix between Garden State (which I've seen) and Lost in Translation (which I've not) on his blog.

3 random books:

  1. Chasing Grace: a book I read before I became Catholic, and still cherish now that I'm Presbyterian again.
  2. A Two Part Invention: a book about Madeleine L'Engle's marriage to Hugh (not Grant) while he is dying. Very good.
  3. Rose Daughter: a Beauty and the Beast novelization that I adored and own in hardcover.

3 more random books:

  1. Briar Rose: a Sleeping Beauty novelization that ties in the Holocaust. Beautiful!
  2. Tam Lin: a picture book of the fairy tale, wonderful!
  3. About the Sleeping Beauty: quoted much in Briar rose, written by PL Travers, of Mary Poppins fame.

Last set of 3 random books:

  1. The Friend who got away: a book that keeps getting away from me, currently in the back seat of my car. I've had a lot of friends that got away, so I'm not sure I want to open the wounds by reading this book, but at the same time, I think it is an important topic that is rarely addressed: it's okay to break up with a boyfriend but girlfriends are forever, right?
  2. Something Blue: sequel to Something Borrowed, a wonderful book I posted on earlier this summer. I'm waiting for my co-worker to finish it.
  3. You can do it: the merit badge handbook for grown-up girls: a book I meant to take on vacation but it was too hefty. It has "merit badges" on dancing, finances, fix the car...

3 Random things:

  1. The Friends episode where Rachel messes up the Thanksgiving dessert and Phoebe screams "I love Jaques Cousteau!"
  2. Next year's summer reading program is Paws and Claws, Tails and Scales.
  3. Boon, our children's dept mascot, is sporting some lost-and-found sunglasses and looks pretty cool.

Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

marlaena said...

thanks for your prayers suzi! i saw that you were listening to Kutless late last night on your blog and thought the same thing and how cool it was that God has connected us through the blogsphere. looking forward to connecting in real life soon.

btw - Take Me In is one of my favorites too. also We Fall Down - there's something about singing the words "Holy, Holy, Holy" - that makes you feel as though you are in heaven joining with the angels singing.

mc