Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tweeting my way to a post...

Preface, in 140 characters or fewer, tweets from this morning.

Is every woman in love with Booth and want to be Dr. Brennan or is it just me?

Realizing as I watch Bones Season 5 that I wasn't so much in love with the boy as I was in love with the IDEA of him.

And no way was he ever in love with more than the idea of me b/c we never shared enough of each other. 

***

Deep thoughts for a Sunday morning? I have been watching Bones exclusively...even the shard of Friends the other night didn't appeal, and I DID NOT like Elementary. The idea of Sherlock Holmes as a junkie in recovery that needs a handler? I admit I have never read the original books, but I am too neurotic myself to enjoy watching neurotic people for entertainment.

I'm still in the grieving process...living in an alternate world of research for my poster session--TUESDAY and watching, like I said, exclusively, Bones. My therapist agrees that if I'm not watching any other TV that 3 episodes a day it is not unhealthy. (Thank God!)

(I did watch 4 yesterday, but I'm in the midst of a medication change. We went up on my antidepressant dosage b/c I was depressed. I took the dose back down on Friday morning b/c I was exhibiting "high risk" behaviors.) I use the quotes b/c I've never been one to spend thousands of dollars on shoes while manic. But I spent over $8 in the library's book store this week, $8 I really didn't have for magazines I really didn't need. (It wasn't ALL magazines, I did score a very nice messenger bag which will be great for carrying my laptop to the conference.) Friday morning, I called people cute on Twitter. I said, "I want to eat you up" to someone. And, thanks to my dear friend Gabrielle, of Hormonology fame, I was able to assess, in the shower, that oh! I'm in week 3. I should be feeling grumpy, not "You're so cute, I could eat you up."

So, on Friday, I modulated my meds. Which meant that I was in a mixed state both yesterday and Friday. Today I need to focus on the poster. (Which basically means, after this blog post, it doesn't matter what my mood is, I have to power through.) More on that once I'm done...I promise a more complete post later this week. To me, there is something wonderful about Sunday being the first day of my week. I start the week with Sunday and Monday as my days off, which is why I HATE calendars that use Monday as the first day of the week and give Saturday/Sunday teeny tiny boxes, as if you couldn't have anything important enough to write there.

I kicked, well, tush, yesterday at work. While I did spend the morning mostly gabbing with our wonderful Saturday volunteer, in the afternoon I knocked out over 15 Blu-rays. And that's impressive, because a lot of Blu-ray records are incomplete or non-existent. I generally have to do some original cataloging for every third record. I admit that my work was not up to the standards of my former boss, but a Blu-ray is NOT a facsimile of a Martin Luther book and I got the record (and the item, which is in high demand) out. Other librarians can come along and tweak the record I worked on, that's why it's a cooperative cataloging system. Haters gonna hate, but I mostly love OCLC, without it, my work would be much more gnashing of teeth than it already is.

I've gotten into a rhythm of work on Saturdays without Jean. Mornings, I talk with our volunteer Jenny, afternoons, I knock out Blu-rays, and with my last 20 minutes, I check to see which DVDs are in the system, such that any of the library assistants could just add the items to the record. This rhythm will likely chance once we are done with Jennifer's order (yes, a lot of women with J names), but for now, this work rhythm will last for at least a few more weeks, since we don't even have the Barbie videos that she ordered.

I live my life out in stories, and relationships. So it follows that I learn from stories, and from the relationships found therein. As much as I do NOT like the character of Daisy Wick, I learn from her relationship with Lance Sweets that the boy and I were not well matched. Intellectually, maybe, but emotionally not at all! And while Booth and Brennan are not a match intellectually or emotionally, they both seek to learn more about the other's process.

I think the next guy I date should be someone who reads fiction. I haven't dated a fiction reader since the last millennium. Max did read a fiction book I recommended, but we never discussed it. I'm looking for someone who I can talk to about stories. Because above all else, I traffic in stories.

Thanks for tagging along into this post...it's more "journally" than I like to set out as a finished product.


No comments: